To complete comprehensive client intake assessments to determine appropriateness and eligibility for treatment.
To build and/or maintain program census and utilization in alignment with program/ department goals.
3. To participate in an interdisciplinary team approach to substance abuse treatment and client programming activities.
4. To conduct individual and group counseling sessions, lectures and other educational programming.
5. To attend regular team meetings to seek and provide input regarding all aspects of the individual client’s treatment plan and aftercare.
6. To work with insurance companies/managed care entities to request initial authorizations and to follow-up regarding continued authorizations and/or billing issues in a timely manner.
7. To maintain client files according to Agency and program policy, including file reviews, as directed.
8. To identify and facilitate all appropriate service referrals.
9. To develop appropriate materials and participate, as directed, in program marketing and public relations activities in order to recruit referrals and provide community education.
10. To participate in the Utilization Review and Quality Assurance processes and complete
all related paperwork.
11. To document all services provided in the client and/or program records in a timely manner.
12. To possess/maintain basic computer skills which will enable completion of all required job duties.
13. To participate in all required in-services, as assigned.
14. To assist in coordinating referrals and performing client orientation.
15. To provide follow-up on client related issues and client related paperwork according to program/Agency policies.
16. To share knowledge with other staff about substance abuse and related issues, as directed.
17. To adapt, develop and produce treatment program materials (written, video, graphic) in conjunction with other team members, that can by understood by the clients.
18. To maintain client confidentiality and observe client rights.
19. To adhere to safety policies and procedures and to report accidents.
20. To adhere to Agency/program policies and procedures.
21. To provide emergency coverage for the program, as directed by the supervisor.
22. To travel between Agency and community facilities, as directed.
23. To provide a model of appropriate dress and social behavior for clients
24. To complete other related duties, as directed by the supervisor.
25. To perform outreach activities on behalf of the program and clients.
26. Responsible for maintaining I.A.O.D.A.P.C.A. certification.
27. Be mindful of quality issues as they relate to the position and program and participate in activities to improve program quality as needed.
Counselors may be required to work evening and weekend hours.